This is my first cake recipe that i am posting here. I wanted to post this asap as it was in my drafts for a long time! whenever i wanted to post, i had no chance of completing it, so the reason it was left behind in the long
time drafted list... and now finally i think its the right time to post this recipe to i love baking #2 event.We enjoyed the cake and it was totally good and filling too. Now let us go to the recipe.
All you need is:
(MAKES 6 SERVINGS)
1. All purpose flour - 2 cups
2. Granulated sugar - 1 and 1/2 cups
3. Baking powder - 1 tsp
4. Salt - 1/2 tsp
5. Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
6. Grated carrots - 2 cups
7. Pistachios - 1/2 cup
8. Nuts (optional) - 1/2 cup
9. Egg - 1
10. Oil - 1/2 cup
11. Milk - 1/2 cup
12. Water - 1/4 cup
13. Vanilla extract - 2tsps
Do it this way:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nuts in a large bowl
- Add the carrots and pistachios to the flour mixture, toss until mixed and set aside.
- Whisk the egss, oil, milk, water and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl and add to the flour mixture.
- Stir until everything is combined.
- Pre heat the oven to 350F.Butter the cake pan and transfer the prepared batter to the pan .
- Bake for about 40 mins or until a teaser inserted in to the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake and you can spread the icing evenly on the top if you wish or simply enjoy the cake without any icing.