Mostly i avoid making chappathis as i dont get them softly.. i have tried plenty of times and the result was hard, biscuit like chappathis!! One day i desperately sat and looked for other blogs as how to make soft chappathis and on my trial, to my surprise it was awesomely soft..Thanks to the blog http://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10101 and some youtube videos.
These days i make very very soft chappathis which myself as well as my husband love to munch without even a side dish!!
All you need is:
Atta flour: 2 cups
Oil: 2 tsp
water: as required
Salt: as required.
Do it this way:
- Take a bowl, add oil, salt and little water.
- Mix the above mixture
- Now add atta flour (i use pillsbury chakki fresh atta)
- Now add water slowly little by little
- Mix thoroughly until you get dough consistency.
- apply oil over the kneaded dough and cover the dough with neat clean wet cloth.
- Keep the dough inside the refrigerator for 1/2 hr to 1 hr
- After an hr take the dough, make balls and roll in to a chappathi
- Heat the tawa in medium flame, put these rolled chapathi and the chappathi puff out.
- turn over the other side, press all through the corners and soft chappathis are ready!!