Thursday 19 January 2012

Rava Kesari!

Let me start my new blog with a sweet!
Generally i dont like sweets before marriage though my mom makes excellent sweets..but after marriage my mil impressed me with all kinds of sweets to do as well to eat!! fortunately my husband too likes sweets and snacks!
i never had a chance to try different sweets while i was studying.. now being vetty at home i was planning to try all kind of sweets on my own and some have come out pretty decently and some in worst cases too! Never mind, its all a matter of learning! Here comes rava kesari in which i would say my mom is an expert.. it will be as sweet as her!

Rava Kesari


All you need is:

1 cup of rava
2.5 cups of sugar
3 cups of water
3tsp ghee or more as you like
cashew nuts, raisins and elaichi for flavour.
Colour powder- optional (i didnt add)

Do it this way:
  • Heat the kadai in a medium flame
  • Add ghee and roast cashew nuts, raisins and elaichi.
  • Roast the rava for 10 to 15 mins
  • Add water slowly while mixing it evenly without forming solids.
  • let the rava blend with water and be cooked. This will take 5 to 7 mins.
  • Add the sugar and mix well.
  • Atlast add some ghee and serve hot.

rava kesari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me a lot! Thanks for visiting my blog!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...