We normally buy murukku from shops..... only after marriage, due to B's love for all these snacks i attempted to make murukku, thattai, karasev,ribbon murukku etc at home.. Now its me eating these stuffs a lot then him! This is normal and a very easy recipe done by everyone, still wanted to post in blog! Here we go!!!!
All you need is:
1. Rice flour - 2cups
2. Urad dhal flour - 1/2 cup
3. Butter - 2 tsp
4. Perungayam (hing) - for the flavor
5. Jeeragam (cumin seeds) - 2 tsp
6. Oil - for deep frying
7.Salt- as reqd
8. Water - as reqd
Do it this way:
- Add both the flours, butter, hing, salt, cumin seeds and mix well with hand
- Add lukewarm water to the above and mix well till you get a soft dough
- Heat oil in a pan
- Grease the murukku kuzhai with oil and add the dough to it
- Use a star like achu that you get along with the murukku maker and press in alddle or straight away in oil to get muruuku
- I pressed in a laddle and then transferred it to the oil as its the easy way.
- You can use any type of achu that you like.
This type of murukku will be very crispy and i'm sure you wont stop with one!